Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALC-AG Comments

Denise Michel to Stuart Lynn:

"For these reasons, we will likely recommend
that the initial ALAC be appointed by the Board...
The ALAC Assistance Group recommends that the interim ALAC select the
initial ALAC NomCom delegates"

Richard H: So, basically the Board will select the interim ALAC, which will
select the NomCom delegates (if they're allowed)... isn't that really the
same as saying "The Board will select these NomCom delegates"?

Denise Michel to Stuart Lynn (on RALOs):

"(ix) Establish mechanisms and processes that enable two-way
communication between members and those involved in ICANN
decision-making, so interested individuals can share their views on
pending ICANN issues."

Richard H: Well that's risible... I've been waiting some 150 days now for a
two-way communication with Dan Halloran... he still hasn't even had the
courtesy to acknowledge my mail to him expressing concerns, questions and
issues related to his area of responsibility. So what faith should we put in
this "two-way communication"? What possible credibility has ICANN got? How
can we possibly take them seriously? Laughable.

Denise Michel to Stuart Lynn:

"The At-Large community should
understand what threshold it needs to meet to achieve greater
participation and representation in ICANN."

The Internet Users of the world have a right to participation and
representation inICANN full-stop! ICANN wants to curtail the AtLarge
movement in order to control it. It wants to set conditions. This whole ALAC
initiative is organised from the top down. I personally believe Denise
Michel cleared this message with Stuart Lynn before sending it to him. It's
stage-managed. It's a set up.

Richard Henderson