[atlarge-discuss] Short-term goals

Jeff Williams wrote:

|  So I am still Bruce, wondering by the tone
|  of your previous remarks and this explanation as well,
|  that you are reluctant.  I hope I am mistaken.

You are!  I am ready to jump in with both feet!  Speaking of which . . . !

Now that our name has been chosen, we have no more excuses to further put
off several very pressing tasks that must be attacked immediately:

1. We need to get a permanent webmaster on board to relieve Joop.  I
understand Sotiris has volunteered, and he is completely acceptable to me.
Assuming he is the only volunteer (since I haven't heard anyone clamoring
for the position!), we should take him up on his generous offer.  As for Web
work, Sotiris, or whoever, needs to get ICANNATLARGE.ORG pointing to us, and
eventually get the content on ICANNATLARGE.COM moved to it virtually or
physically.  But at least we need to have ICANNATLARGE.ORG redirecting to
our COM site: right now it redirects to
http://seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=worldatlarge&wikiid=802.  We should also
consider registering as many ICANNATLARGE.* addresses as possible, and get
them pointed to our content as well.

2. We need some legal types to set us up a legal NGO.  I have no idea what
that entails.  If *you* do, then please step up and volunteer your services.

3. We also need to set up a financial mechanism for taking in and securing
dollars.  We've had many pledges.  We need to turn them into cold, hard cash
and bank them until the membership decides what(and what not!) to spend it
on!

4. As Judyth mentioned, we need to get a group working on the by-laws.  I
imagine if they cull our forum archives they can get a good sense of what
people are looking for in the way of guiding principles.  I seem to remember
a lot of activity on this front several months ago.  If you were one of
those involved before, please join back in!

5.   We need to get our outreach process in full gear!  I am still planning
to assist Richard in the outreach effort, since I feel that this is not only
one of our greatest and most presssing challenges, but also because I feel
it's where my talents can best serve the membership.  To that end, besides
the structural ideas Richard and I have discussed at length, I am also
persuing other avenues to publicise our cause.  If they bear fruit, this
forum will be he first to hear about them.

I imagine others can add to this list, but these are the five challenges I
feel we must overcome quickly.

Good night all!  I have to get to bed.  My daughter's family flies in
tomorrow and I need to be well rested to keep up with the grandkids!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info