Re: [atlarge-discuss] Short-term goals

Bruce and all stakeholders and other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Jefsey, as usual your comments are inciteful!
>
> My comments follow yours:
>
> |  This is the
> |  first time ever that a significant number of people not knowing
> |  each other,
> |  from every part of the earth, from every cultures, attempt to
> |  create some
> |  organization together on a peer to peer basis, in a still
> |  top-own/bottom-up
> |  outdated confrontation environment.
>
> Indeed.  No one has really tried what we are accomplishing.

  Well this is a bit of a stretch here Bruce.  But I can appreciate your
enthusiasm and great interest.

> So I agree with
> Eric, which echos Jefsey's concerns here: we need to walk steadily, and
> watch where we're going.  The problem with doing something no one has ever
> done before is that you *have* to make up the rules as you go along.

  Yes some rules need to be made up as we go along.  But certainly not
very many.

>  Our
> saving grace is that, unlike ICANN, we're doing it out in the open for
> everyone to see.

  This is a very key point!  Glad you recognize it.  Everything that this
organization does, thinks about doing, or is ongoing, should be completely
open, aboveboard, and transparent.  However after talk in to eric
on the phone about just this very subject, he seem to not really be
in agreement with this very basic and good principal.

>  And as the open source movement has proved, when lots of
> eyballs are focused on the challenge, the bugs get worked out faster!

  Exactly right!  Or fewer bugs are ever produced!

> So
> please members: stop lurking and start kisking in your two cents worth when
> you see a solution, or disagree with one proposed by others!

  Here here!  >;)

> |  I feel the first thing to do is to avoid to speak of specific forms,
> |  country, etc. for the global organization. What we can certainly
> |  do - and
> |  this is what we did with the Panel - is to agree upon a common
> |  Secretariat
> |  structure: we live in a real world.
>
> I'm not entirely familiar with this structure, but it sounds promising!
> Could you point us to a reference?
>
> |  So I call on everyone knowing about sites and PHPs (Sotiris, Chirs,
> |  Vittorio) technics to join the WEG-WG with Vittorio, Gary, Sotiris; and
> |  everyone knowing about DNS to join the DNS-WG with me. So we can
> |  build and
> |  provide a good technical structure, supporting the organizations
> |  expectations and we will most probably see soon that it supports
> |  well  Richard's effort for outreach.
>
> Exactly!  A robust Web presence is essential for outreach!  It's where we'll
> be pointing potential new members, so it needs to sell us effectively.

  We need web presence's from whomever and where ever we can
attain them or develop them.  We need to coordinate those efforts
and web presence's as best we can within the cultural differences
from various parts of the globe.

> |  I am glad Joanna stopped her experience, I am sad she left and I do not
> |  really understand. The experiment turned wrong, Joanna was right
> |  to try it
> |  and we all need to fully understand why it was wrong: who better than
> |  Joanna knows and can report about it.
>
> Hopefully Joanna hasn't left the group, just her panel responsibilities.  I
> hope she will continue to be an active participant in our group.

  We need and should encourage andy and all stakeholders/users,
no matter where they are from, to become members and give them
good reasons to do so.  Motivating them is also very important.