Re: [atlarge-discuss] : ...on VOTING PROCEDURE

Walter,

Good comments. Here is more info:

8 members voted in favor of the motion.
2 (Richard Henderson and Jefsey Morfin) suggested changes, so their votes did not count as affirmatives. (I expect that the Panel will follow up on their proposals.)
1 (Satyajit Gupta) has not yet voted. The voting period officially expires tomorrow at 8 PM EST. However, the result can be announced as soon as the conditions have been met for a definitive outcome .

The voting procedure allows for the equivalent of a "quick show of hands." As soon as the conditions for a definitive outcome are met, the decision is made. In theory this can be a matter of minutes (or even near-instantaneous).

As for winning majorities: as long as we achieve a quorum of 7 votes by the end of the voting period (normally, 72 hours but may be longer for votes on important topics) then the majority prevails. You are correct that if we have only made a quorum of 7 votes by the end of the time, then the votes of 4 in favor, 3 against, 4 not voting (=11 total) would approve the motion.

Hans