Re: Re: [atlarge-discuss] finance

We are publically pretty
well known and broadly accepted by a number of governments including
the US Government. That information is available to you or anyone
that wishes to fill out a FOIA request to the FEC and similar requests

Jeff "Shadowy" Williams,

I have only 3 questions for you to answer:

1.You say INEG is accepted by the US government. Does INEG pay US taxes?

2. Do you have any office space in Texas?  I would like to come and visit you to discuss.  You have invited anyone to come visit you in the past.  Will I find an INEG office or will I find your house?

3. If I file a FOIA request, and the result does not prove that INEG exists, will you reemburse me for the fee? I would do it, but I'm not willing to spend the $150 without some guarantee.

I Discredit Frauds.
See the incredible claims!
Learn who Jeffrey A. Williams is:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/jeffwilliams/

"Jeff Williams" wrote:

Jan and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

For the purposes of openness and transparency, of which you mention
below Jan, I am also sending my response to all of the members
that are subscribers of our list forum...

(See more below your/Jans comments)

Jan Siren wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
> >
> > Jan,
> >
> > Jan Siren wrote:
> >

> > > Concur. If I send along any of my hard-earned $$, it's going to be to
> > > something I know is going to BE THERE, not just to some person's pocket...
> >
> > Also agreed. Although I have already sometime ago set up an
> > account for this purpose, I don't want to see the funding squandered
> > or used for some personal purposes once the bylaws are in place
> > so that I can transfer this account to this organization.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> Jeff, this is one of those cases in which I find it necessary to separately
> consider the message and the messenger. We are agreed on finance, up to the
> point of affirming the necessity of the organization to have its own
> institutional bank account.

Are you saying that this organization doesn't need it's own bank account?

> At that point - and please don't take this the
> wrong way - I have to hesitate to endorse an account set up by a person whom
> I don't know other than through this mailing list; one who claims to be the
> spokesman of an "INEGroup" of 127,000 members whose existence has never come
> to my attention through any other channel than his own postings on this
> mailing list.

I don't know about 60% of the people I do business with initially, and
some, though a much lower percentage, that I have been doing business
with for quite a number of years I still have never personally met.
That is part is one of the benefits and beauties of ecommerce, and
why is is so successful. Hence I am at a loss as to this attitude.
But I also respect your right to have such an opinion. Good luck
in your ecommerce experiences! I am sure they will be few, and
not very fruitful.

> (Surely, I would have expected by now to have become aware of
> the group through multiple other channels of communication; I would even
> expect to have been solicited to join by now!)

We are careful as to whom we directly solicit for joining our organization.
We do not spam anyone in order to gain members. We find that to be
less than advantageous to our membership drives and efforts. Hence
perhaps, that is why you have not been contacted. But I surely do
not know that for a fact... I can say from the tone and content of your
response here, and other times as well, that you are not what our
recruiting folks would call a "Potential viable member", whatever that
actually means...

> Transparency of process is one of the stated principles of ICANNATLARGE; and
> I would hope that the means by which it conducts its finances would set the
> standard for "transparency" in all its dealings.

Oh I agree completely which is why I made the comments in part originally
as to how the account I set up must be handled before transfer can actually
occur. Perhaps you should re-read them more closely?

> An account set up by a
> spokesman for a shadowy "INEGroup" does not quite meet that criterion.

We are in no way "Shadowy" in any definition of that binnacle term.
We are well represented in over 100 countries. We are publically pretty
well known and broadly accepted by a number of governments including
the US Government. That information is available to you or anyone
that wishes to fill out a FOIA request to the FEC and similar requests
to those counties that use a similar method of garnering said specific
information. Our privacy policy which every member is required
to sign, and was voted upon and passed almost unanimously, does
not allow for me or any member to provide certain specific personal
information about our members directly. Hence the need in part
for you to file a FOIA request. Our charter also reflects this
requirement. It is well within the laws of the US and most other
governments, and in some European governments it is a requirement.
So it this is what you are calling "Shadowy" your position is frankly
not tenable from a legal standpoint. I can however appreciate
your reluctance to do your own do diligence as that requires
some time to conduct. But it is well worth the effort IOHO,
as it is generally considered very viable in the business and ecommerce
world.