Re: [atlarge-discuss] List/website/connectivity

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 13:16, espresso@e-scape.net wrote:

> Personally, I'm rather against the use of graphics, frames and tables
> except where they are really essential, and in favour of providing
> alternate (accessible by text-browser or text-to-speech software for
> the visually impaired) pages where they are used.

I agree, but don't forget "Java, Flash, ActiveX, and anything else not
listed on http://w3.org ".

Internally storing XML and translating it to "your choice of output
format" would be handy, though perhaps unnecessarily complex for the
majority of the website. Anyone know of any Wikis that offer this?

For some documents -- Charter, Bylaws, etc. -- this would be very handy.
Imagine printing them out for marking up or reading on the bus. For this
purpose, an on-the-fly translation from XML to PDF would be appropriate.

$0.02USD,
-s