Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] WG-WEB: responses to Jamie

Richard and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Richard Henderson wrote:

>   Jefsey,
>
> To tell you the truth, I am very unhappy with the decision to use
> icannatlarge.org
>
> I think it is contentious, unhelpful and a bad choice.

  Agreed.  But it is the will of the members that it shall be our new
DN.
As I recall just recently you were very happy with the vote and a
democratic
process making this decision.

> I would fully support you if you chose to withdraw it. I feel we need
> a name like atlarge.org which can then be used with 100's of
> appropriate subdomains, and the devolution of webmaster
> responsibilities to a multiplicity of participants

  I agree strongly with this approach Richard.  It is very similar to
the
one we at {INEGroup] use.  But our new DN does not preclude
us form doing as you IMHO, so rightly suggest.  See below alternatives:

> canada.atlarge.org

Canada.icannatlarge.org, Canad.icannatlarge.ca
or even icannatlarge.ca

> outreach.atlarge.org

outreach.icannatlarge.org or

> fiji.atlarge.org

or, icannatlarge.fi and fiji.icannatlarge.org

> lotsof other things.atlarge.org

or, things.icannatlarge.org and icannatlarge.info

> There IS an issue of democratic will, of course, but I believe that
> most voters actively voted NOT to have the Icann name - they wanted
> anything other than the ICANN name, but their vote was split, whereas
> the pro-icann vote was focussed on a single name
>
> Besides, the name is not resolving, which is no use. And you (the
> owner/registrant of the name) advised against its use anyway, so why
> not withdraw the name and vote "Do we want the name ICANN in our name
> - YES or NO?"

  I say no, and voted for another name at the original vote on this
issue.
BTW, I have no problem getting icannatlarge.org to resolve.

> I believe the democratic will is in favour of jettisoning the name
> ICANN

  Than lets have another vote and find out...