Re: [atlarge-discuss] Domain Name: icannatlarge.org

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 05:41:44 +0100, "Richard Henderson"
<richardhenderson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I ***PROPOSE*** we now ***POLITELY*** approach Marc Schneiders and ask him
>whether he is willing to transfer either www.icannatlarge.org or
>www.atlarge.org to the organisation.

Agreed.  Hans as Chair is the appropriate person to do this and report
back.

>I ***PROPOSE*** that if Marc does not wish to transfer either of these
>names, then we hold a new ballot.

Disagree.  As the ballot was a preferential ballot there is no need to
hold a new one - you will just peeve off a lot of members who will
think we are mickey mouse by asking them to vote again.

Preferential ballots are ideal for coping with an option that is no
longer valid.  You merely get the vote counters to recount the results
excluding the option which has been struck out.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527