Re: [atlarge-discuss] No quorum

> > If you want to
> > be a part of an organization, why not vote? Maybe we need a
> > simple rule: Miss 1 vote, noted. Miss 2 votes? You're out. Gone.
> > For at least a year. Gone as a voting member, yet you can
> > participate as a 'talking' member.
> >
> > Participate - or get out of the way.

What is the average percentage of US citizens voting? And these elections
are not just "somebody proposes a motion - one more seconds - a brief
discussion by a third - and: calling the question."

In Cambodia we are in the range of around 80 to 90%.

I am waiting for the Panel to propose rules: who can call for a vote, and
under which conditions to be met first (panel? percentage of members? a certain
number of members signing a proposal first? etc.).

To propose a motion and simply call for a vote among a membership of 1000
without any minimal requirements will have us preparing to vote, and voting
most of the time - as happened now for half a year.

I cannot see this to be productive.

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein