Re: [atlarge-discuss] PASSED: motion on VOTING PROCEDURE (fwd)

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>
> |   I was simply stating my concern that whatever votes
> |  are carried out by the Panel are not done secretly or
> |  anonymously.
>
> You can see every conversation and every vote the panel has ever had at
> http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-panel/
>
> Doesn't get much more open than that!

  Well actually yes it can and should be more open then just archives
of the Panel list.  It should be interactive, not just a closed list.
Closed lists that are discussing or debating issues that impact the
members are a form of censorship.  Hence they should be stamped
out entirely.  Yes, the Panel should be completely open and
above board in their discussions regarding member effected
practices or policies, but still have inter-operational discussions
amongst themselves as panel members.  We must be very careful
here too though, so as not to breed distrust.  That can be difficult.