Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: WG-DNS name protection

Jamie,

Before you begin questioning the relationship between established user
organizations and ICANN, you might want to ask if your own group, without any
organizational documents, without even a mission statement, bylaws or
charter, even qualifies as an organization suitable for recognition as an
at-large structure.

As per the Committee on ICANN Evolution and Reform's Second Interim
Implementation Report:  "We agree that individual at large entities should
meet some "accreditation" standard, and we find the criteria and standards
recommended by the Assistance Group to be an attractive list."

This "list" stipulates structured, self-sustaining entities that engage in
outreach and post current information about the organization's aims,
structure, constituents, working mechanisms, and current leadership.

1.  Your aims are not posted
2.  You have no organizational structure
3.  You are not self-sustaining
4.  You have no established working mechanisms or procedures for the general
membership
5.  You can't document any organizational outreach activities

After you get your own house in order, then feel free to question the
relationship of ISOC chapters to ICANN -- they at least meet the minimum
criteria expected for an at-large structure.