[atlarge-discuss] Re: Transfers Session -- phone in

On October 23, I received an email which quoted the same
number as below 877-562-9747 as the number for the
Transfers public discussion teleconference bridge from
Shanghai.  After trying to call into the conference at the
allotted time (9:30pm EST) and being put on hold for half
an hour, I was told at 10:00pm EST that no coordinator had
called in to initiate the teleconference in question.  So,
I emailed Denise Michel and let her know that I had
encountered such an odd happenstance.  At 10:39pm EST, she
emailed me back with the following message:

Denise Michel wrote:

> The discussion on transfers of domain names is
> happening right now.  We had problems with the phone
> bridge, but if you're interested, please join us by
> dialing +1-484-630-4207 or in US/Canada 877-562-9747

I tried the call again.  This time, I got as far as a
supervisor named "Jennifer" (who is a gambling girl) and
who told me at 10:49pm EST that there was no Transfers
teleconference, although they did have one scheduled.
Furthermore, after another fifteen minutes of "research"
as I waited on hold, she verified that the Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers was to have
been the sponsor of the call.

On 2002-10-28 at 22:55:02 -0500, Thomas Roessler responded
to me as follows:

>>Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

>> I called the number below 877-562-9747 and I'm currently
>> involved in a conversation wth a supervisor "Jennifer" who
>> is telling me that the "Transfers" teleconference never
>> happened and is not going on, that nobody initiated the
>> call.  This is odd.

>I'm standing here with one of the technicians.  The information was
>passed on correctly by Denise; it's all the information we have here.

Nonetheless, I never did get through to the ('phantom' it
seems) teleconference.

I am at a loss as to what happened here.  Perhaps someone
can explain?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos