Re: [atlarge-discuss] Opening of the WG-Web mailing list

At 09:38 a.m. 28/10/2002 +0100, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

As acting temporary Chair I will now accept nominations for Chair until Thursday 00:00 GMT. I will then present the list with a way to vote by a mail sent to me before Sunday 00:00 GMT. The nominated candidate having received the largest number of votes will be elected. I will then transfer Chairmanship to the elected Chair.
Well done, Jefsey.
I would like to nominate Ron Sherwood.

I suggest that the WG-Web proceeds then with dispatch, writing a (temporary) charter defining that it cooperates with the WebMaster, ForumMaster and MembershipMaster to the site management under the supervision of the Panel, the role and responsibilities of the WebMaster, the site security issues, the DNS management issues, the rights of the Panelists, of the WGs and of the different @large groups. I also suggest that it writes a technical description of the different procedures and tools being used, so we may quickly solve technical problems as the ones we currently encounter.

I also suggest that every WG Member takes an "oath" like Olympic Games participants and referees to act in the best interest of the @large community, to support as much as possible others legitimate agenda and vision and to positively try to address the possible conflicts. Such a text could be displayed on the site and serve to the other WGs. We obviously suffer from not knowing us f2f, we managed not so badly until now, I feel that such a netiquette could help us staying on the same tack.
I support these suggestions. Especially the last one is an original (and desperate) idea to keep mailing-list saboteurs at bay.

I would like to add the suggestion that the WG uses a specified section of the Forum to document its progress there for all Members to see.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
former webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com
Sign up and spread the word.