RE: [atlarge-discuss] The web page

Richard Henderson wrote:

|  For the time being (during this Shanghai period) I don't really care
|  too much that we put up some provisional stuff (providing we're all
|  clear that it IS provisional).

I think we are all agreed that that is the case.  Brett has been handling
his duties well, so far, by not getting in the middle of Panel
squabbles!

|  To be honest, the Icann show at Shanghai does not interest me
|  greatly - it's a bit like Saddam Hussein polling 100% of the
|  votes this week in his election - the outcomes are rigged in
|  advance anyway - I think we do well to haunt their party as
|  the enduring ghost of the At Large

Actually, rather than lurking at ICANN's doorstep, I see our role as
focusing on the attendees, not the the meeting, and siezing the At Large
conversation and making it ours.  Since ICANN isn't interested in a viable
At Large, they can't afford to actively promote one.  But by not doing so,
they leave the field open for us!  Everytime ICANN meets, we need to be
there holding open public forums and dominating the At Large conversation.
Eventually, the public will equate the At Large with us.  And *that* is our
primary goal is it not?

|  Shanghai is a necessary distraction. It's not the main course.

Indeed.  The main course is organization and outreach.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
byoung651@attbi.com
http://www.barelyadequate.info