Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] RE: [atlarge-discuss]RE:[atlarge-panel] Web Site Updates?

Jaz-Michael and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Jaz-Michael King wrote:

> Thanks for the comments Jeff.
>
> I don't work for a publishing company, I'm in health care. Any org that publishes information/knowledge/content to the web is "in publishing".

  I disagree with your contention that "Any org that publishes
information/knowledge/content to the web is "in publishing"."
It is true that any organization or company that maintains a
presence of any sort of the internet as a web site, has an
publishing aspect to their business or organization.  That however
does not put them in the business of "Publishing" as your
manual is slanted towards.  Indeed many Health Care
companies that I am very aware of and some that my
company does business with, have a "Publishing" part to their
company for white papers, medical review papers/findings,
Medical journal reports and other types of Medical Journals
associated with that particular industry.  However ICANNATLARGE.ORG
in no way is or is likely to become engaged in such "Publishing".

> The manual is intended to govern the publishing of material to the web, no more.

  Thank you for this clarification.  It is significant and should be stated as such
in the manual.

> Obviously, it's for a different org but the principles remain useful for any entity.

  Yes parts of your manual are useful as my original and all follow-up

> I would stake good money that ICANN has a web publishing manual. Any site worth its salt has publishing guidelines, that's how you keep a leash on the webmaster, (in my case, me).

  Well if you can find a link to ICANN"s web publishing manual, I would be
interested in reading it as ICANN's layout of their website is not rated
very high and IMHO is designed poorly...

> Anyway, I thought it would be useful to the group to see how another non-profit maintains its' web presence, hopefully we can draw from sevral sources to formulate a viable strategy for this group.

  Agreed.