From: "DPF" <david@farrar.com>
To: "Bret Fausett" <fausett@lextext.com>
Cc: "Atlarge Discuss List" <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>; "Hans (PCh)
Klein" <hans.klein@pubpolicy.gatech.edu>; "James (PM) Love"
<james.love@cptech.org>; "Michael (PM) Geist" <mgeist@uottawa.ca>; "Vittorio
(PM) Bertola" <vb@vitaminic.net>; "YJ (PM) Park" <yjpark@myepark.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Getting back on the same page

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:17:16 -0800, Bret Fausett <fausett@lextext.com>
wrote:

>The host site under the control of the panel can still be addressed by our
>newer domain name "icannatlarge.org." The potential for confusion is
>significant, however, as Mr. Teernstra has copied the logos, content and,
>more importantly, membership lists to his new site. Mr. Teernstra's logo is
>distinguished from our own only by a large fist that he's placed over the
>ICANN logo.

Bret is the lawyer here but in my lay opinion this is a clear breach
of a number of laws, even though icannatlarge.org is unincorporated.
If Joop refuses to destroy the membership list and stop using the
logos etc then legal action could well be an option.  As Joop is in NZ
this might be the natural jurisdiction and I believe I could find a
lawyer to act for no charge.

That is a last resort though - it would be far simpler if Joop
apologised for his actions and reversed them.  As I said there is
nothing wrong with Joop setting up his own organisation but he does
not have the authority to take our membership list with him.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com
ICQ:    29964527