Re: [atlarge-discuss] Getting back on the same page

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:28:04 -0800, NameCritic <chris1@telnor.net>
wrote:

>Ridiculous. Threats of legal action by a nonexistant organization,
>expecially since he had the domain name first. Maybe you should refrain from
>joining any wg's on domain disputes.

You really should read what I said rather than jump to conclusions.  I
never mentioned the domain name.  I said use of our membership list
and logo could lead to said action.

Also as I said the fact we are unincorporated doesn't mean there are
no legal rights.  Most political parties in NZ are unincorporated yet
can and have taken legal action.

>You can ask joop to apologize as you said. You can ask joop not to do that.
>But sue him? Good luck.

It is a pretty clear case and I don't think there is any defence -
"Because I got upset with the panel I took their membership list and
logo" is not something that will impress.

But as I said that would be a last resort in my opinion.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com
ICQ:    29964527