Re: [atlarge-discuss] Jeff Williams

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:41:47 -0800, NameCritic <chris1@telnor.net>
wrote:

>I say we take a vote of the members. That is a motion.

What would be more useful rather than take a vote on each individual
action (which would just drive members away) is to have the members
vote on list rules which would specify what is acceptable and who can
enforce them etc.

Personally I think the GA list rules are pretty good.  They are very
liberal so that it is pretty hard to run afoul of them but they do
deal with the 1% of problems which can cause 75% of the traffic.  The
GA list improved massively after they were adopted.

So what would be really good is for the panel to get someone to modify
the GA list rules to reflect our name and titles and arrange a members
vote on them asap.

DPF

--
E-mail: david@farrar.com