Re: [atlarge-discuss] Starting a New Chapter

NameCritic wrote:

> Ridiculous. Threats of legal action by a nonexistant organization,
> expecially since he had the domain name first. Maybe you should refrain from
> joining any wg's on domain disputes.
>
> You can ask joop to apologize as you said. You can ask joop not to do that.
> But sue him? Good luck.

Ahahahaha!  That's exacty what I thought.

This has become a sad travesty to be sure.

Please guys, spare us all the melodramatics.  Brett, you "don't care" about
being Webmaster, but you're showing an awful lot of interest in over/undertones
of legalistic activities...  Hmm, time for one but not for the other?  Is that
it?

Joop's best move would be to apologize.  I think everyone respects what he's
done, but many do not approve of it.  I personally think it's about time we
actually put our cards on the table.  I'd like to see how many people are
actually paying attention to this mailing list.  We have a panel member,
Satyajit Gupta, who has not been heard from in months, yet his VOTING place on
the panel remains unoccupied for some inane and convoluted excuse, which has yet
to be offered by any of them but will surely follow at some point...

There are certain panel members (and others involved in key aspects of this
organization), who have been part of the ICANN 'process' -or shall we say,
Lifestyle- for some years now.  These individuals have consistently painted
themselves as 'champions' for the cause of individual and non-commercial voices
in Internet Governance, yet they have obviously not had much effect towards that
end in the overall ICANN schema.  In fact, many of them have actively hindered
its progression and development (the ALSC "study" is the classic case in
point).  What makes any of us think these people will ever be able to deliver in
its effect at all?  And, they all seem to be having a grand ole time at the
International Public Meetings (the photos say it all!  I mean, have you people
bothered to lookup the pics on these events...  Wow!  Looks to me like a good
time's definitely had by all!  Let me tell you...)

I'd like a public counting of heads through an individual sound off to verify
memership interest in these matters, hopefully along with thoughts on how to
proceed...

In my opinion, the Panel needs to replaced by doers, not with more of  "those
who want to do no work, yet have a weakness for high living?" (XENOPHON,
Memorabilia, II. i. 15 )

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

P.S.  I am still waiting to hear from Denise Michel on Public remote
participation in the Amsterdam ICANN AtLarge meeting.  See
http://www.worldatlarge.org/amsterdam1.html for any updates.