Re: [atlarge-discuss] Forum restoration and apology

Hello Bret, Joop, Thomas, and Vittorio
(and yes, even you, Sotiris):

There has to be a common ground for all of
us to exist.  I, like you all, have been a
flame artist in the past.  Probably will be
in the future.  But, we still need to listen
to each other.  We all are intelligent and
educated people with certain cognizant ideas.
These ideas do not necessarily have to juxtapose
each other.  Quite frankly, I am not happy with
the overall actions of any of you (but that
can be, will be, and should be, said about me as
well).  Yet, that does not preclude the fact that
some things have come out of our squabbles and we
should be able to say we have progressed, albeit
slowly.

Above all, please remember, this all about a
higher place, a common ground, where we all agree
we can coexist.

Let us build a Web page that everyone can visit,
points to various interests, and stays up!

If we have a site that we can talk about then we
have a common ground.  Not a battle ground.

Regards,

Micheal Sherrill

From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz>
Date:  Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:15:39 +1300

At 09:40 a.m. 3/12/2002, Bret Fausett wrote:
>If there's value in having a web-based forum (an open question, in my
>mind), then we ought to have it on our site. I think the last few days
>shows the folly in trying to work with Joop.

Bret,

Thanks for dropping  your mask here on this list.

How many people here realize that you endorsed  Alejandro Pisanty as Board
member?

My apologies to all for mistakenly entrusting  the hosting of the original
bottom-up At Large website to Bret Fausett.

But I agree that you ought to have the Forum on "our site".   What you have
contributed to "our site" is the  removal from the front page of everything
that was "remotely controversial" (your words)  i.e. embarrassing to ICANN.
Plus you removed  the entire Forum and broke all the website links pointing
to Forum postings and Topics.

Yes, please restore the Forum on icannatlarge.org. Remove what is remotely
controversial.  Institute the "mailing list death penalty" that you
advocated on the GA list.  Make sure that everything is firmly under
central control. Yours and Roessler's.

Fortunately the Net is a big place...

-joop-