Re: [atlarge-discuss] membership sign up

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:10:22 +1300, Joop Teernstra
<terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:

>Dear List members,
>
>Until yesterday, Vittorio had implemented a link from the Icannatlarge.org
>site to the revived Forum on icannatlarge.com
>I was happy with this sign of good will, pending the restoration of the
>Forum on the  .org site
>
>I had just finished pointing the registration facility on the front page of
>icannatlarge.com to icannatlarge.org, so that there remains one single
>official sign -up point.
>
>Now, I see that the link has been cut and that there appears no intention
>to bring the Forum with all its contents back on the icannatlarge.org site.
>
>I though I was being of help preserving the Forum and restore lost content.
>
>Is co-operation between the two sites not possible?

icannatlarge.org for all its imperfections and delays and arguments is
a true democratic bottom up organisation.

icannatlarge.com is not democratic or bottom up being under your sole
control, and you have repeatedly shown you will use that control if
you disagree with the democratic majority.

If icannatlarge.org wants to gain credibility in its advocacy that
ICANN should be democratic and bottom up, then we need to walk the
walk as well as talk the talk.

I take an imperfect democracy over a well functioning dictatorship
every day.  And the question for icannatlarge.org is does an
association with icannatlarge.com help or hinder our efforts?  I
certainly wouldn't want to be at an ICANN meeting advocating they
should be more democratic and having to explain why we don't practice
it ourselves.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com