[atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] Re: passwords to access the preview icannatlarge.org site

Here you go. I am sending the source code to Vittorio because it would be
too large for the list so the webmaster can copy and paste into his editor
to dress it up a bit. I didn't have the css style sheet and didn't want to
make those type of changes. The text is optimized for the keywords used in
the metas and comments in the code.

They can rewrite the text, but as they do they need to refrain from
eliminating any of the keywords that are in the metatags otherwise they
undermine how the page will get listed by the search engines especially
google, which has become the #1 search engine.

There is a lot more text than before. You need to remember you are talking
to the surfer and that you want them to join. By naming specific issues you
have a chance to grab their interest and get them to join. Building a
showpiece is one thing. Building a website that gets ranked well in the
search engines and gets the surfer to do what you want them to do is
another.

Many pages in google that have the top rankings are because of the amount
and weight of the keyword-rich text on the page, and on the pages title, not
the metas. The other search engines pay more attention to the metas, so I
have tried to do both here.

Without a finalized mission statement it was difficult to write what this
organization is about. What I did was take what I know to be major issues
and concerns of many individual users on this list ond on others I have
participated in.

As I said above, this is a model of how we need to target the search engines
and how we need to talk to the visitor and get them to join. This is not set
in stone. I invite others to add to the Your Rights theme anything I missed
and change the ones I included to match the mission statement when it is
finished. Just leave the keywords alone. That's all I ask.

If you can improve on what I have done here, add your comments to the list
so the webmaster can insert the changes we agree on. This is a starting
point. It was also written in the order of most popular keywords not by what
you think this groups #1 priorities are. Some search engines use all the
text on the page and others use the first 256 words while others rank the
first thousand words and they change this often, so it's impossible to know
for sure. So by starting at the top targeting the most popular keywords you
optimize your chances to be ranked well. Plus you can talk about the
priorities of the group and try to list them in order if you want, but there
will be no total agreement by all the members just as you do not know the
priority of the next person to hit the page or what part will be the one to
get them to join.

Here is the text on the page itself. Each place you see "your rights" is
bold type.

-------

IcannAtLarge.org is global internet community that you are urged to join for
free, whose members are concerned about issues such as;

Your Rights regarding the way WHOIS Information is displayed to the public
and how your privacy is protected from governments, spammers, and others who
would sell your information for profit or otherwise use the information in a
harmful way.

Your Rights involving Domain Names and Domain Name Registrys and Registrars
such as the introduction of new TLDs and how they are determined and
distributed, the policies about the Transfer of Domain Names, how Domain
Name Registration is handled, how Domain Name Disputes are decided, as well
as Trademark and other Intellectual Property Issues surrounding the use of
domain names.

Your Rights to Internet Privacy, Security, and Freedom. Your right to use
the Internet in whatever country you may be in, regardless of your race or
creed, without government censorship, control, or invasive monitoring, as
well as without the control and restrictions multi-national corporations and
ICANN wish to place on those rights.

Your Right to have a voice and a vote involving the way policies, rules, and
laws are being made that affect you and your ability to use of the Internet
freely and without interference or restriction.

Your Right to have a voice involving the use of DNS, the way DNS is Governed
and Administered, as well as many other Technical Issues surrounding the
rights of users worldwide.

By joining and participating in icannATLARGE.org, you help us fight for
those rights and address issues related to Policy and Rules set forth by
Organizations such as ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers), the DNSO (Domain Name Supporting Organization), The ALAC (At Large
Advisory Committee), The IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force), and others,
some of whom want to control the Internet for their own purposes. And you
help us influence them to decide these rules and policies in a bottom-up
democratic process that begins with you and other individual users, not by
governments or multi-national corporations.

We hope you will join us and make your voice heard on these issues. Your
vote counts! Join today!

Plus everything below the current text on the page that is already up is
still below this.
--------------------------------

Try not to add too much detail the average user will not understand. We are
not building the page to impress technical experts, nor are we trying to
impress ICANN, nor any of the other organizations, we are trying to
communicte to the average internet user here.

The page also needs to be written in as many languages as we can get done
and users given the option to pick their language of choice. Then it needs
to have a page for each of those languages that is optimized for the keyword
searches in that language. Anyone who would volunteer to translate it into
other languages and optimize it in those languages for the search engines
should do so. If you want my help on the optimization part, I'm willing, but
using this model you can probably figure it out.

NameCritic