Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALAC update

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Sotiris,
>
> The document posted at
> http://worldatlarge.org/DRAFT_Interim_ALAC_Nominee_Package.htm
> states:

> Transition Article of New Bylaws,&bgr;€ť which calls for nominees for the Interim
> At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the At-Large Organizing Committee
> (Organizing Committee) nominates the individuals listed below to serve on the
> Interim ALAC."
>
> The Transition Article, however, has different language, stating:
>
> "there shall exist an Interim At-Large Advisory Committee composed of ten
> individuals (two from each ICANN region) selected by the ICANN Board
> following nominations by the At-Large Advisory Committee-Assistance Group."
>
> I believe that there is a distinction to be made between the members of the
> ALOC and the members of the ALAC-AG (they aren't the same set of people).
> So, who actually made the nominations?

To my knowledge, I do not recall any individual nominations.  The names on the
'nominee' list are (in my understanding) all there as expressions of voluntary
individual interest in participating in any ALAC to be. I simply volunteered as
an interested party.  If anyone nominated me without my knowledge, well, I'm
afraid that's completely outside my control.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos