RE: [atlarge-discuss] On All Fronts

Jkhan wrote:

|  And so 'Burning the Books' continues as the claws of the Internet
|  Industrialist dig into the First-World.
|
|  http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/6600

Indeed.  Control of the Internet is only a small part of a much bigger, much
scarier issue: the Media Wars currently being fought in the US, where Big
Media -- through their paid Congresscritters, techno-challenged courts, and
technologists willing to build the technology -- are trying to gain
irrevokable control over everything we read, view or listed to, and the
distribution channels that deliver it to us.  And they are winning so far.
I've been writing about this at length on my Web site for the past four
years.  And it is one of the underlying reasons for my involvement in the At
Large movement.

Get smart on this, people!  If you are a US citizen, your First and Forth
Amendment rights, and long-held intellectual property rights are being
slowly taken away from you, and most of you don't even know it!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info