Re: [atlarge-discuss] Some Simple Facts...

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 07:35:08 -0800, "Bruce Young"
<bruce@barelyadequate.info> wrote:

>I don't disagree with most of this.  However, the appropriate order is to
>create our organization first, then solicit funds.  Without a legally
>approved organization, in whatever venue we wish to have it approved, we can
>run into tax issues (at least in *this* country!).

True and it is unbelievable we have not yet had a vote on where to
incorporate and some draft bylaws, especially when there have bene
several options now for several months.

I've been doing a bit of thinking about the funding issue and do
believe that one of our problems is we are all volunteers and as we
saw in DNSO it helps a lot to have some staff resource to help do
things.

Once we are incorporated and legal, it occurred to me that an approach
to the nine gTLD registries, 100 or so registrars and 100 or so active
ccTLDs for donations to help with interim staff support could well
meet a favourable response.  I would not see this being more than a
one off approach as we do not wish to be beholden to them, but to help
us work our way up to self sustaining, I think many would contribute -
especially those who have been supporters of bottom up at large
involvement.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com