Re: [atlarge-discuss] Some Simple Facts...

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:00:07 +0100, "J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin"
<jefsey@club-internet.fr> wrote:

>On 22:40 04/01/03, sotiris@hermesnetwork.com said:
>> > True and it is unbelievable we have not yet had a vote on where to
>> > incorporate and some draft bylaws, especially when there have bene
>> > several options now for several months.
>>Yes, this is quite unacceptable.  The current panel members have stymied
>>this organization and deterred it from any progress whatsoever.  Perhaps
>>its time for an election?
>
>Here we have an exchange between our three leaders in terms of action.
>
>- Bruce for USA
>- DPF for NZ
>- Sotiris for Canada

I am not for NZ.  I wish people would stop trying to divide us at
large up into nationalistic groups.  Bad enough ICANN is going to
force us into regional groups.  The issues we deal with are global and
for the most part our perspectives are global.  I don't think of
Sotiris as Canadian, Thomas as German etc.  If anything I divide
people up mentally into my own groups such as moderates, radicals etc.

>And what do you globally? you say :"I have done some proposition,
>others have done nothing while time flown".

Everything I have proposed which now includes incorporation, bylaws
and funding have been designed for the global icannatllarge.org group,
not some nationalistic faction which you keep trying to set up.

>My question is simple:
>
>1. you have had all the necessary time, from IDNO and @large,
>     to diagnose that the system you propose is slow to fly - I
>     would even suggest that it cannot fly.

What we need with all respect to the panel is leadership.  If one
leads many of us will follow, even if we don't agree with 100% of what
is done.  As I have said I don't care much where we incorporate - I
just want it done.

>2. yet what contingency plan do you propose? The only suggestion
>     by Sotiris is to repeat it ("new election"). Errare humanum est,
>     perseverare diabolicum.

What I would like before that step is for the panel to list what it
believes it can achieve in its year in office and then specific time
frames for each task.  So it might be :

31 Jan	Decision on Incorporation
28 Feb	Vote held on fundamental role and purpose
31 Mar	Bylaws adopted by members vote
31 May	Fund raising letters gone out to Registries, Registrars,
Markle etc
30 April	Content Management System for website finalised

This is not rocket science - this is normal good planning and
organisation.

>Where are usa@large? nz@large? canada@large? Nowhere,
>except that canada@large never took off and that nz@large is
>faught by DPF. If you cannot even do something in your own
>land, how do you want others believe you are serious about the
>world?

Jefsey - you are now being deliberately or amnesiacally dishonest.
We have had this debate before and I have said many times in no
uncertain terms that I do not seek nz@large.  In fact I specifically
reject you entire personal plan of nationalistic enclaves.  In my
opinion there is no need for a NZ section of icannatlarge.org.  I am
not against others setting up voluntarily country groupings but stop
trying to make them a compulsory pre-requisite and most of all stop
suggesting I have failed to set one up when you know damn well I have
no intention of doing so.

>france@large and germany@large feel alone (france@large was
>incorporated more than 2 years ago). I do not claim it is something
>big (it is not as it is meant to benefit from other countries synergy)
>but it is something. For the time being it is even the only thing in
>the @large world which is more than 2 years old (with our Directors).

That's very nice.  But to be blunt you are an elected panelist of
icannatlarge.org.  I don't really care about what you did two years
ago.  I don't even direct this at you personally as I appreciate you
do at least contribute but the panel collectively since their election
has failed in their leadership role.  I know it has been difficult
with Victorio then Joanna and then Hans and now back to Vittoria but
the time for excuses is fading.

My challenge to the panel is to produce a work plan, and implement it,
or as Sotiris says - step aside.

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com