Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

Holger and all,

Holger Steiner wrote:

> Richard Henderson schrieb:

  I disagree as does the documentation of history with your personal
evaluation here Holger.  It is and has been well known and documented
that the more adamant supporters of the 3rd Riceh used civilians as
a screen in the larger cities in Germany towards the end of the
War.  Hence the Allies had to make a decision to route them out
od destroy them in order to be victorious.

> > If civilians in Iraq find themselves under attack, will they regard
> > themselves as legitimate military targets?
>
> Is it the purpose of the possible future bombing to terrorise and
> demoralise the civilian population of Iraq?

  A leading question here.  Perhaps it will be necessary to
bomb in and around civilian populated areas in Iraq as
the leadership of Iraq has frequently used civilians as
screens for their combatants/military personnel.

> Then it would be wrong.

  Too simple of a conclusion here.  And of course the actions of the
leadership of Iraq, know clearly what they need and should do
to eliminate the bombing of areas that may have civilian non-combatants
in them.  So far, Sadam Hussain has refused to comply.