Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 04:20, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > If you really don't like Saddam, just kill him. Don't tell me the CIA isn't
> > capable of that.
>
>   I am telling you that the CIA isn't capable of that, cannot under US
> law, cannot do political assisination.  In fact the CIA hasn't had such
> capabilities for a number of years/decades as the CIA was unable
> to Kill Castro, even though they tried a number of times...

Any such assassination attempt by the CIA would either be claimed to be
in "self-defense" or as part of a military action such as "bombing X
target where X happens to include Saddam Hussein". It's also highly
likely that Israel's Mossad would be secretly involved.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/iraq020617_order.html
http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11/04/us.assassination.policy/
More links via Google...

-s