Re: [atlarge-discuss] Resignation

At 04:57 AM 02/02/03, Joop Teernstra wrote:
At 11:26 a.m. 2/02/2003, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
Mr. Geist had no intention of actively participating from the get-go.  I said
as much when he and certain others were elected, and I'm reminding everyone
now.  His 'participation' (or, more properly, lack thereof) was a sham. Mr.
Geist was a saboteur among us, nothing more.  Despite the numerous titles and
initials beside his name, Mr. Geist remains a phony.  It's amazing that any
self-respecting person would play such a role, but Mr. Geist obviously has no
shame.

Thanks for Less than Nothing Mr. Geist.
Gratuitous insults to volunteers are the real sabotage. Nobody will want to sacrifice personal time if this is the Thanks they get.

Oh yes, Mr. Geist sacrificed SO MUCH of his personal time for this organization, didn't he? Well, now he's reaping what he sowed.

Candidates who might enter the Panel as a result of elected Panelists' resignations, should be especially mindful of what they say.
I have no interest in running in an election. What will happen is that the I* Society stooges will once again appear and register to vote and elect a Panel which will do nothing once more. This has been the pattern of their 'involvement' all along, both in the GA and outside it.

For this reason alone I would be strongly in favour of new elections, rather than moving the unelected a notch up.
Well then, go ahead, set yourself up for another defeat.

--
Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
Toronto, Canada

tel: 416.422.1034
icq: 34564103
--
"The most effective way to restrict democracy is to transfer decision-making from the public arena to unaccountable institutions: kings and princes, priestly castes, military juntas, party dictatorships, or modern corporations."
- Noam Chomsky