Re: [atlarge-discuss] replacing panel members

At 11:06 p.m. 2/02/2003, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
To replace Vivek and Michael on the panel, I would like to call the
next two in line:

Kimberley J. Heitman (Asia/Pacific)
Gabriel Pineiro (Latin America/Caribbean)

Does anyone object?
I object, and this is not meant as a disapproval of the candidates. They can be elected. Even though the "shifting up" proposal was originally my own as a stopgap measure, I do not think it is good to institutionalize it now the attrition rate on the Panel is so high.

Also, someone suggested that 6 votes out of 10 (or 9) valid panel
members could be considered a valid quorum for motion #D004. What do
you think?
Very dangerous in terms of capture. The Panel is not a Panel of 10 (or 9). It is supposed to have 11 members. I can accept that occasionally a Panel member is "absent" but consistent non-participation should lead to resignation. This should be part of future Panel rules.
In the meantime the members have the right to demand the full compliance with quorum requirements. The quorum is 7.

-joop-