[atlarge-discuss] Joop's poll

Dear fellow icannatlarge.orgers,
Joop Teernstra has initiated a poll with the support of Richard and Joop. I would have wholeheartedly supported that initiative should have it been made according to my understandings of the netocracy.

I do not object at all - this is even the basis of my thinking - to individual initiatives and strong pushes by doers. But I have a real problem with the Anglo-Saxon's wording of the way to do it. In French the key words in here are missing in English what roots the difference. These two key words are:

- "se poser un problème". In English when you face a problem you solve it. As many problems as many solutions. In French you study it first to know about the rules of the problem, to see if you really have a problem or just another version of something you already solved. This cartesianism.

- "concertation". In English "concertation" means contention. The very opposite of the French word which means the way to jointly govern in concert or a governance in concert (what I try to translate through dot-root in jointly coining the word "concertance" for the network governance).

I shared in the analysis of the problem by Joop, Richard, James and others. I expressed my reservations on the practicalities of the poll and on the logic of the questions; I also made clear my position regarding the relations with the Panel and with the Membership. I have been heard on one small yet important point. Not on others.

This lead me to think that this proposition is useful to us if we consider it as a poll and only as a poll. So please respond to it. If you don't your opponents (who ever they may be) will tell you that you could have responded to the poll.

This also leads me to think that this proposition is not mature enough and should not be repeated as such. I was in favor of asking Joop to run votes for us. I am afraid that I could not before my basic demands are addressed :

1. the boot must be served by at least 5 trusted polling officers. Joop acting as the technical owner. Trustees have not to be elected (minorities must be represented so they may make sure their rights are respected). They have to be nominated and endorsed.

2. any member with a minimum seconding must be permitted to get a question in a monthly poll.

3. major poll (not vote) on the future of the organization must go through the panel for editing. The point being that questions are wrote in clear internationally understandable English and in a balanced enough way so every opinion at stake is represented.

4. the Members will receive a "click and vote" mail containing an URL for them to vote, without pasting names and keywords. This calls for very minor development. I asked Joop the necessary elements so it could be included in this poll, I did not receive them yet.

So, in a nutshell : please respond to the poll, but also use this as a way to tell yes to individual initiative and no to individual creep (just because "I" never worked in netocracy, only "we" works well).
jfc