[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] Resignation

Dear Vittorio,
why not just to act normally?
1. please repect the organization rules and call the people on line so this Panel at least exist. I do not understand the delay. Please publish a list of the Panel Members
2. please stop questionning polls, you confuse the things as you gives an importance it has not. Democracy is based on polls.
3. More impoprtant, do we have some proposition/solution on a real vote system?
jfc

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:18:20 -0000, you wrote:

>There is an agreed process for dealing with these resignations, and that is
>to replace resigning panel members with the candidates who scored next
>highest in the election.
>
>At the same time, what matters most of all is that we respond to the wishes
>and desires of our membership.
>
>Some people have called for fresh elections.

I don't know what to do. I have the replacement letters ready, to call
the next in line inside the panel. But shall I do it? Does it make
sense?

>(a) Why should we be afraid of the membership telling the panel what it
>wants?

Of course we are not afraid of that. But, in a democracy, can you
afford that the first person that walks by the place calls for an
election or a referendum? No. There is a balanced mechanism that is
vital to ensure that the democratical tools are used correctly, and
that relies on the laws and the parliament.

Anyway, it's true that this panel seems now uncapable of accomplishing
anything more.

>It's time for democratic consultation on a whole range of issues - time for
>the grassroots to decide on our future - and the sooner the Referendum
>starts the better. No more delays. No procedural constraints. Just the voice
>of the membership taking control.

We were almost ready to do it on our own (especially if the panel
could have got together to approve at least this motion). But Joop's
actions, de facto, killed this organization.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---