Re: [atlarge-discuss] The list - atlarge vote of trust/distrust: result

> > >And the constructive answer is to run an official, properly supervised
> or
> > >audited Poll, confirming (or not) the results of the unofficial Poll.
> >
> >Absolutely. That was in fact one of my proposals.
> >
> > >Another sensible question would be: why on earth would someone who has
> for
> > >5 years tried  to prove that some form of e-democracy is possible,
> > >undermine his own work by tampering with his polling results?
> >
> >I'm not saying that. I think that the results are credible, but that
> >nonetheless, having been obtained unofficially and without impartial
> >watchdogs, they can't be binding for icannatlarge.org.
>

> True, but neither can your personal preferences or those of a  Panel
> without quorum bind the icannatlarge.
>
> It is an impasse, and a  Panel Chair is supposed to lead us out of  it.

Please, Vittorio, try to consider this earnestly, and then act.

> The initiative for an informal, yet reliable Poll with volunteer
> member-watchdogs was only made to help break the inactivity.

When the unofficial poll was announced, I was sceptic what it could achieve
- seeing the response, I changed my mind. Thanks, Joop, for helping to break
the inactivity of the Panel (the people who have not resigned).

> Do you oppose that?

I do not oppose that, and if the Panel would be responsive (responsible?), I
would still want to have the panel acting - but that seems to be an empty
expectation, seeing how much time passed, and there is hardly any response.

In the meantime, ICANN seems to have received three more years from the US
Department of Commerce. Some other persons and institutions have voiced their
objections. I have not seen anything from neither icannatlarge.org nor from
icannatlarge.com - no surprise.

So I have to ask again: what is our common effort for, if we cannot act, not
even speak?

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein