[atlarge-discuss] Re: WSIS Participation

Dear Jefsey,

> we are as Eurolinc involved into this too. The accredation as far as I
> understand is closed and needs to be an extablished organisation at least 3
> years old?

(1) Is accreditation closed?

WSIS process continues up to 2005 and its accreditation process
also does continue. The accreditation process for PrepCom II(Geneve,
Feb 17 - 28) was finished as of Jan. 5. Further accreditation process is
to start again for PrepCom III and so on.

(2) Should the organization be strictly three-year old?

Every rule has some exception and we can check this with
some people there who deals with Civil Society accreditation.

> The real thing is from what I understand to use existing chanels, or to
> develop something of real contribution which will get the attention of the
> press as changing the WSIS environement. I see three of them where the
> @large could make a major press/

The challenge for the WSIS process is we should get "consensus"
to get all the participants sign the document. It will take "long" for
everybody to agree on the action items this group wants to put forward.

On the other hand, as long as we start to have more supporters for
"At-Large" concept with "Rights to be represented" through this process,
it is worth for us to participate in this process.

> 1. a global modelisation of the network systems and of the network society.
> This is something were I can provide a good proven basis through a 18 years
> validation. The need would be to start in international conference on the
> matter. It can start as a mailing list involving different serious Research
> Centers (this is work, not disputes), out of the IETF too engineering oriented.
>
> 2. dot-root as the way to test and implement a technical take over of the
> networks by their users and a stablization of the governance. I think we
> would get support from the ITU and many universities.
>
> 3. a lexical of the network/information society for the words to be used at
> the WSIS to have a common meaning and to educate the delagates who use
> them. The emphasis would be on multilinguism as a necessity for the World
> Society to benefit from the contribution of the various cultures and
> languages as way to express their visions and to enlarge the global vision
> made of their additions.

At this current juncture in the WSIS, these are too specific.

YJ