Re: [atlarge-discuss] Election Scrutineering

At 07:24 a.m. 3/03/2003, you wrote:
I'm not sure what decision has been made about new elections and who
will run them, but for maximum transparency I would ask that the
system used be able to provide (publicly to all members) the following
details, so any ir-regularities can be detected.

1) A list of names and/or munged e-mail addresses of all those who
voted (but not how they voted)
The Booth registers mail addresses. The watchers, who have the list of all members could provide the list with the corresponding names.

2) A list of all the votes cast (showing how they voted), with an
identifier that is only known to the voter and scrutineer.
This is possible without too much work. The identifier would be the auto-generated password that will be changed at each subsequent poll.

As to who will run the elections , I don't know.

I have promised that I will run a pre-election Poll to gauge the members' preference on Panel and Committees and their terms and mandates, but for the moment, that's all.
I am waiting for the last 18 email addresses. Correspondence with the watchers slows things down, but is essential. To set this up with so many options is quite a big job.

I can give someone an Admin account for the Booth, to set up the elections and run them.
(Chris Streatfield did this once, when I couldn't run the election because I was a candidate myself)

This Administrator can put up all Election info and vote options, be responsible to send a mass email to all registered voters and make sure that the web page display is correct before the Polling Notice goes out.
It may still need some hand holding to get everything right.

Any volunteers for icannatlarge Polling Booth administrator?

-joop-