[atlarge-discuss] "Common Sense" Re: MOTION! Panel Members! Speak Out NOW!

At 04:38 PM 3/31/2003 -0800, Bruce Young [see history below] called for a vote of the panel on an agreement reached with Jan Siren and Judyth Mermelstein based on their [Judyth and Jan's] stipulation calling for such a vote. -- Sensible

Non-panel members comment. -- Sensible

Non-panel members vote. -- Nonsense

Former panel member asserts legitimacy of panel's actions while a member while at the same time decrying such legitimacy under the same rules since his resignation. -- Nonsense

Constituted under the rules of the time and still extant, the panel that remains is THE panel. -- Sensible

The panel is NOT the panel. -- Nonsense

The panelists who remain are failing the organization and dooming it, and must abdicate their organizational responsibilities and rights in that capacity. -- Nonsense.

The abdicating panelists advanced the purposes of the organization. -- Nonsense

The abdicating panelists are to be thanked while the remaining panelists are to be excoriated. -- Nonsense

The current panel is de facto or *politically* illegitimate. -- Nonsense

/s/ Joey Bordo/Borda

Tuesday, April 01, 2003 * 12:35 PM EST USA

==========
HISTORY: "MOTION! Panel Members! Speak Out NOW!" thread history:

At 04:38 PM 3/31/2003 -0800, bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote in "MOTION! Panel Members! Speak Out NOW!":
Judyth Mermelstein wrote:

|  On receipt of a Panel motion to that effect, I will very happily
|  send all files I received from Vittorio to Jefsey, Bruce and
|  Eric - in their identity as our remaining Panel - so that they
|  can organize whatever election process and polling they
|  *collectively agree* is appropriate.

Jan Siren wrote

| My owm intentions essentially parallel Judyth's with the
| following variation:
| As time allows, I have been performing some integrity checks
| against the
| files (and requesting additional information from the sources
| as needed) so
| that, when a disposition is eventually made, a level of
| certification will
| accompany them.

Based on the above statements, I make the following Panel Motion:

1.  Judyth and Jan should release the membership list to all existing Panel
members.  As of this message, that would be myself, Jefsey Morfin and Eric
Dierker.  Others who feel they should be included should also reply.

[   ] Yes

[   ] No

[   ] Abstain

2.  If the above motion passes, the panel should IMMEDIATELY begin
discussions to lock down timing and procedures for nominations from the
membership, dates for conducting the election, and systems/processes used to
conduct it.

[   ] Yes

[   ] No

[   ] Abstain

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info
==========
At 08:00 PM 3/31/2003 -0600, Hugh Blair wrote:
> Based on the above statements, I make the following Panel Motion:
>
> 1.  Judyth and Jan should release the membership list to all
> existing Panel members.  As of this message, that would be myself,
> Jefsey Morfin and Eric Dierker.  Others who feel they should be included
> should also reply.
>
> [   ] Yes
>
> [ X ] No
>
> [   ] Abstain
>

> 2.  If the above motion passes, the panel should IMMEDIATELY begin
> discussions to lock down timing and procedures for nominations from the
> membership, dates for conducting the election, and systems/processes
> used to conduct it.
>
> [   ] Yes
>
> [ X ] No
>
> [   ] Abstain

What panel? There is only a _dead_ panel. Put this motion to the
membership if you want, but to have your clique vote for themselves,
that's just wrong. Wanted or not, here's my vote.

Hugh