Re: [atlarge-discuss] "Common Sense" Re: MOTION! Panel Members! Speak Out NOW!

Bruce and all fellow members,

bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote:

> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> |  A 2 or 3 man left-over without quorum is NOT the 11 -person
> |  Panel that was
> |  given a 6 months mandate by the membership.  Common Sense.
>
> What we have is what we have.  Don't fault those still pulling on the oars
> for the desertion of those who jumped overboard!  We just want to get this
> puppy to shore.  It's currently floundering and going nowhere.

  It is going nowhere because the Panel when all members were
still members of the Panel didn't perform.  Thankfully, but
in bad form by most of them, they resigned.  They did so under
pressure by the members.  So again you are showing that you
are not paying adequate attention Bruce.  As such this spin here
from you (See above) is in poor form and inaccurate as to the
actual documented facts.

> In lieu of
> elected officials, despite our meager numbers, who else would you prefer to
> conduct the elections?  More to the point, why object to the actions of
> *anyone* trying to further the cause of holding elections?

  Well I understand Saddam is likely to be free soon!  Would he, as
an *anyone* work for you?  I think and hope not.  So yes, not just
*anyone* trying to further the cause for holding elections is adequate
or even reasonable.  Although it MAY BE laudable.

> |  A grass-roots Poll determines that the membership wants to see a
> |  new Panel elected.
> |  http://www.icannatlarge.com/results-henderson5.htm
> |  Common sense.
>
> I respectfully (and voiciferously!) disagree.  A poll of less than 10 percet
> of our membership is merely an indicator, not a mandate.

 104 voting is greater than 10% Bruce.

>  A mandate requires
> a vote of the membership.

  It should yes.  As we do not have bylaws as a result of poor or
non-performance from the ex-panel this is a matter of opinion and
at least circumspect to some members.  I tend to agree that the
members should vote on such issues though.  They did using
the Poll that Joop provided at that time.  Hence your requirement
has been met, such as it is...

> Which is what we remaining panel members are
> trying to make happen!

  There are NO panel members Bruce.  They failed in their duty
and mandated tasks, so the interested members, 104 of them
decided that the than panel needed to be replaced.  Most of the
resigning than panel members also called for immediate elections
be held to replace with fresh blood, an new panel and new
panel members.

>  Why are you and a few others on this list so
> dead-set against the idea of elections?

  Not many are against new elections Bruce.  Many are against
E-Mail voting as it is to easily subject to fraud.

>  Perhaps ICANN has some
> un-looked-for allies, intentionally or no, trying to keep us disorganized?

  Perhaps.