RE: [atlarge-discuss] Election Preparation

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

|  I, for one, prefer the forum for these purposes...
|  so much more
|  convenient than downloading the oftentimes huge volume of email
|  from this list
|  (along with the spam that inevitably sneaks in too).  In fact, I
|  would say that if
|  we want to be more efficient and low-bandwidth friendly, we
|  stick to the online
|  forum entirely for these purposes.

I, on the other hand, prefer the e-mail forum, since I don't have to be connected to view messages.  This is important in my life, since between work, school and the DAV, I not home very long during the week (except to sleep!), and my employer frowns on using the computers at work for personal use (and is tracking network usage to curb such behavior!). So the e-mail messages give me the freedom to read from my PDA when I'm commuting, or from a laptop computer when I'm on the road.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info