[atlarge-discuss] And You Are - About One's Identity...

"A molehill man is a pseudo-busy executive who comes to work at 9 am and
finds a molehill on his desk. He has until 5 pm to make this molehill into
a mountain. An accomplished molehill man will often have his mountain
finished before lunch." - Fred Allen

   ...too many molehill people

About one's identity:
 - If they want, they will "fool" any system
 - There will be those who want to...
 - The greater the funding, the greater the potential for a better system
 - Our funding isn't so great
 - So, let's remember the Pareto Principle/Law "the 80:20 rule:"
    "A minority of input produces the majority of results."

What other's have done is a simple two-fold system:

 1 - I want to join; you are a member; I know you; I have you nominate me.
The YOU can be plural (2-3). It is up to the potential nominee to do all
the leg-work and coordinate according to the Organization's rules - just
how bad do you want to be a member. The organization verifies the
endorsements of existing members, and that info is stored as part of a
member's history.

 2 - I'm new and don't know anyone. I must do somethings (plural) as a
potential member so as to get you (2-3, again) to be willing to nominate
me. How long will this take - again, just how bad do you want to be a
member.

Perfect system - no. Workable, not-too-costly, system - yes.

And, the Rules' Exception: when (s)he, whose reputation precedes them
wants to join, they still do 1., but they will have no problem getting the
needed support.

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---
 - -                 Associate Expert - Expert Zone                 - -
 ---         http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/         ---
 - - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/schmidt/ ---
 - - 52 Ken           http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/          Sun 57 - -