[atlarge-discuss] Re: @LARGE ELECTION: you response is urgent

At 16:18 +0100 2003/05/03, atlarge@execlub.org wrote:
>this a private e-mail for Judyth Mermelstein.
>----- icannatlarge.org -----
>
>Dear @large Member and Nominee,
>We just wish to remind you that we must receive the acceptations
>before Sunday midnight GMT.

With all due respect, I must decline this nomination for
several reasons:

1 - I have said (more than once) that I have no desire
    to be part of the "power structure" of this group.

2 - I have offered (more than once) to do whatever I
    could as an ordinary volunteer but found that such
    work as I did do was mostly wasted effort on my part.

3 - Having reached the point where I think my energies could
    be better employed elsewhere, I have resigned as a
    member of this group and am therefore ineligible
    to be a candidate for its Panel.

4 - Besides, given the attitude towards me demonstrated
    by several of the other candidates, I can only assume
    my nomination was the work of some "traitor to the
    cause" ... of keeping this group from getting any
    real work done on behalf of anyone but those present.

>The Polling Committee organizing this vote wishes to recall that this
>Panel is to be elected for a period up to one year (the Panel may
>sovereignly decide to reorganize). Its main task will be to help
>structuring our  icannatlarge community. It will be helped by the
>guidelines provided by the responses given by the Members to the
>questions attched to ballot. they freely decided themselves to ask
>each other these questions at the occasion of this vote.

It is my hope that my absence from the Panel will enable it
to work together as a unit and ensure that this group becomes
a real organization which can pursue whatever goals its
members think appropriate. If for some reason the Panel
decides that my experience might be of some value, I will
do what I can to respond to their request.

>Experience of a first Panel has shown that action is possible,
>organization easy enough, but what is required is a dedicated and
>loyal commitment by the Panelists.

I also hope that the group will find organizing itself easy
and its new Panelists committed to seeing the process through
to the desired ends. I may be departing but I will check in
at the Web site from time to time to see how it goes.

>If you accept this nomination, what we do hope, please provide us with
>the URL of a page where you will introduce yourself and your
>propositions to our community. This URL will be listed on our
>http://icannatlarge.org site, on the http://icannatlarge.com Forum and
>on the ballot.
>
>Sincerely yours.
>
>The Polling Committee.
>Eric Dierker
>Jefsey Morfin
>Bruce Young

Thanks to all those members who have been willing to debate
issues rather than personalities and are sincerely trying to
do something of real value to the Internet community, and
especially to those who were kind enough to send me off-list
messages of support.

Best of luck to all,

Judyth

Judyth Mermelstein     "cogito ergo lego ergo cogito..."
Montreal, QC           <espresso@e-scape.net>