Re: [atlarge-discuss] For the sake of transparency: Nominators

The people below "ticked" the names of certain other (undisclosed) people
who they were happy to see nominated. The list below is not a list of
nominations. The list below is not a list of people accepting nominations.
The list below is simply people who went to the Polling Booth and expressed
an opinion.

For example, I did, and I'm listed below, but I have no desire to be
nominated or to stand for election.

The real question is: if only 4 or 5 people accept nominations to an
11-person panel, should the elction carry on? What do you do?

Thinking laterally, an alternative would be to hand over the running of the
organisation to the Polling Booth, and simply let the membership define the
direction and policies and actions, step by step, through regular polls.

More people seem willing to participate through the Polling Booth than
actually stand for election. So why not just run the organisation "bottom
up" and democratically until such time as we are strong enough to develop
panels to carry out actual tasks?

Just a thought.

Richard Henderson