Re: [atlarge-discuss] For the sake of transparency: Nominators

At 09:22 p.m. 5/05/2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:
On 08:52 05/05/03, Joop Teernstra said:
The following active members took the trouble of ticking Nominations in the Polling Booth.
These members want to be heard.
Seems there is no other problem than having their list provided when we ask for it (we made clear enough that every source of nomination was accepted, what you objected). We gave time for that. You gave more time to show you are different.
Jefsey,

It has nothing to do with me being "different", only with my experience in running on-line votes.
You have to realize that people DO need extra time to participate in icannatlarge next to their other lives.
Participation before my reminder message (when you announced that your nominations would close) was 17, but it rose to 48 after that message.
You will have to do the same with the actual ballots and give them at least 10 days to vote.

Even if you do not have any authority, I appreciate that you (and Bruce & Eric) have taken this election on your shoulders, which allows other members such as myself to stand as candidates.
You would be wise to accept the help of people who want to make it a success by involving the membership in the Nominations as much as possible.

Best regards,

-joop-