Re: [atlarge-discuss] Questions for all candidates

Joop Teernstra wrote:

There are only 2 days left until "acceptance day".

It is essential that some kind of consensus will exist among the members of what is going to be "the Panel" about number of panelists, quorum , mandate and agenda.

If such internal agreement does not exist, there is no hope for a properly functioning Panel and I certainly do not want to be part of it.

Will you agree:

0. that nominees who have not been seconded cannot stand for election.
I think this is a sound and agreeable expectation.

1. to maintain the quorum for any decisions at 7 (as long as there are 11 elected)
Yes.

2. to resign when there is no reasonable expectation that a quorum can be reached
Yes

3. to limit the term of this initial 11 member panel to 3 months
3 months seems too little time to do all that is required of this initial panel. I would be more amenable with a 6 month period.

4. to limit the mandate to the writing of election rules and subsequent holding of elections for a Polling- or Electoral commission first?
3 whole months for just election rules and a Polling committee? Why stop there?

5. to follow the wishes of the members, as expressed in various polls, with regards to structuring the icannatlarge.
I think that member polls are a valuable means of ascertaining the sentiments of the members and ought to be given due consideration by the panel.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos