Re: [atlarge-discuss] $1 verification.

There are many avenues to pursue regarding verification of members.  PayPal would seem to be a quick and easy (read cheap) way to prove certification as a real, and answerable, human.  One lets PayPal do all the bookwork and for US$1 the signature is assured.  If it is good enough for the credit card companies it is good enough for me.

Regards,

Micheal Sherrill

From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com>
Date:  Sat, 24 May 2003 21:02:14 -0400

All,

I have received $1 from Mark Poole and have duly refunded it to him.  He
is a verified Paypal member under the name of Mark Poole.

I believe we should seriously consider a Paypal transaction as ONE
possible manner of member verification.  It doesn't cost anything and
the money (in this case $1.00) can be refunded within 30 days with no
charge to either party!

I think the very first thing this organization needs to do is to set up
a Membership Committee whose responsibility it will be to verify the
identity of potential members.  Of course, all current members will need
to be validated along with any future potential members.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos