Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Bylaws Discussion [:alternative method:]

Gilbert and all fellow members,

  I don't know where you came from or whom you are as yo seem to
be a very new member.  None the less I have already posted similar
comments/remarks to yours recently and some months ago as well
on this subject area.  So we are in agreement for the most part.
I may differ on a few specifics.
1.) that any drafting committee be composed of volunteers that have
     long standing experience in drafting bylaws and some actual
     international legal background.
2.) That such a drafting committee be open to any an all that meets my #1.
3.) That said drafting committee be required to have independent review
     of the final draft bylaws as a pier legal review. Note: This will cost
     some amount of $$.
4.) That the members vote on each provision once the final draft is
     completed.

Gilbert Estillore Lumantao wrote:

> Danny Younger wrote:
> >If we rely solely on the good will of Panelists to get something done, I
> >assure that we will still be waiting by this time next year.  The impetus must be
> >generated from the bottom-up on the discussion list.
>
> i agree. we should discuss the bylaws here however difficult. to delegate the drafting to a team would only mean we will be doing the word-for-word, phrase-by-phrase later. i suggest we continue discussing the document here until the issues are fleshed out and appoint/elect later on someone or a team who will consolidate all views and draft a document that we can vote on, provision-by-provision, together with the options presented for contested ones.
>
> gilbert
> ---
> Gilbert E. Lumantao
> 200 Commonwealth Avenue
> Quezon City 1101 Philippines
> Mobile No. 63-918-9387793
> Email Address: gilbert.lumantao@mailcity.com
> Website: http://www.batasayti.freeservers.com
> ---
>
> "Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small. The most difficult things in the world must be done while they are still easy, the greatest things in the world must be done while they are still small. For this reason sages never do what is great, and this is why they can achieve that greatness." - Attributed by Sun Tzu to warriors of ancient times.

    Pierre Abelard