Re: [atlarge-discuss] On Bylaws Revisions - Additional provision suggestions

Danny and all fellow members,

  See my suggestions, comments and remarks to your suggestions
seemingly directed ONLY towards Richard.

  Be aware that any and all members will be effected in bylaws
and charter now and in the future. As you are a guest, we of course
welcome your input, but be considerate enough to address such
suggestions to ALL of the members in the future.

  My suggestions Interspersed below:

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Richard,
>
> In view of the revisions that you have proposed, might I ask you to provide
> additional sections in the bylaws that specifically attend to the details of
> the following:

  See other suggestions to sections 3.1 thru 5.5 to your and Richards
suggestions in bylaws at:
 http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg01259.html

> 1.  Procedure for the Membership to veto an action of the Board

  This should be able to be called by any member with some number
of other members supporting in order to achieve this.  I would suggest
that 5 supporting members would be a good threshold. Than the
members should vote on this with a simple majority to effect or
confirm.

> 2.  Procedure for the Membership to amend an action of the Board

  Same as above except that the membership must than vote by
a 3/5s majority to confirm.

> 3.  Procedure for the Membership to deliver Instructions and/or Directions to
> the Board

  This one is a bit more difficult to effect.  I would suggest that
this be done through this forum and requiring that the BoD members
read any and all such communications ( no filtering).  Or that a
BOD E-Mail address be established and that any member may
post to it so as a method can be archived and read by any and
all members as well as at the BOD members at their time restrained
discretion.

> 4.  Procedure to terminate the Board's term of office and call for new
> elections

  Same as my #1 suggestion

> 5.  Definition of Threshold limits to establish the validity of various Poll
> directives -- are there different thresholds for different circumstances, or
> only one threshhold to cross?

  One SET of limits would be more workable.  A participation limit
of 10% is standard.

> 6.  Procedure for the Membership to initiate a Poll

  This can be done programmatically.

> 7.  The manner by which a Transaction Scrutineer will be appointed by the
> membership

  No appointments.  Such should be effected by either HIRED independent
individuals that are NOT members or elected by the members.

> 8.  Procedure to annul any committee

  Same a #1 above.

> 9.  Procedure to make new appointments

  NO APPOINTMENTS.  All committees must be open to any
and all interested members.

> 10.  Procedure to cancel appointments

  AGAIN, NO APPOINTMENTS!  Removal of any member or
any committee can be done via  vote of the membership in standing committees,
and by the committee members in special committees using my #1 suggestion
above.

> 11.  Procedure to veto or amend the existence, terms or mandate of Special
> Committees

  Such also must be determined by the membership as a whole by
a simple majority vote

> 12.  Initiating a Procedure to suspend Officers

  See #1 above as a procedure above.

> 13.  Initiating a Procedure to remove a Board member

  See #2 above as a procedure.

> 14.  Defining the Mission/objectives of the organisation

  This is done normally in a charter.

> I would additionally ask you to comment on an estimated First Year, and
> Second-Year budget -- how much capital do you envision being raised in view of the
> dues provisions that you have recommended?

  First year for INEGroup for expenditure budget was $280,000.00+
Total.  This organization will likely not be able to raise this much $$.
So I would guess that $100,000.00 would be doable for the first year.
Dues should only be about 30% of the total budget for any given year.
The rest can and should be raised via other ethical, honest and documented
means.

    Pierre Abelard