RE: [atlarge-discuss] Welcome [was: Perhaps you can explain...]

On 06:24 31/05/03, bruce@barelyadequate.info said:
Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
| Care to comment on the "Claude Thielet" incident where Jefsey was caught
|  using "Claude's" email address?  Or would you rather ignore the whole
|  thing and pretend it never happened?

Care to prove this allegation?  No one has so far.
No need. This is the story.
I atleast used twice CT's mailname to send a mail to Joop and Abel I think.

The reason why is that after being despised by this list CT instead of resigning from the list rerouted his mail-box traffic to me to "retaliate against having been brought into that mess". So I got all the mails from the list in double in my Eudora folder.

So I inadvertently responded/commented some mails which came through him (those using Eudora will understand how it is easy to make the mistake).

The reason why I was able to respond in using his mail name is that my business shares into an old mutual "personnal support service" small non profit association ( http://international-secretariat.org ) which assists individual members and non profits in business and emergencies with trustee delegation (mandate).

We use to use "laposte.net" for the members mailboxes we are entrusted. Because it is a public state requested service by the Post Office: it is stable, free, powefull and ... a web of trust :-) When you subscribe you receive a letter home and you keep receiving ads by regular mails. If they are returned (you are a fake, you changed address, etc... you may questionned and the mailbox is cancelled).

As trustee I have powers to use that mailboxes on my machine. Using it that way was a professional mistake. But it was Members fault. I had to ask Thomas to cancel manually CT"s on the mailinglist. All this is in archives.

I note that I also use several SMTP agents which accepts to send mails with the address I put even if it is erroneous. I use such a system to send the ballots.

After the DoS on his mailbox, the fuss on the list, we CT resigned as a member and as a customer.
jfc