Re: [atlarge-discuss] LET'S GET GOING: Determining a Chair for thePanel

Hugh Blair wrote:

Greeting fellow Panel members,

Since the question wasn't ask during the vote, and I can find no consensus message regarding how the Chair is determined, I feel this is the first thing we need to accomplish. And to be clear, I'm talking about a Chair
for the Panel, not the atlarge as a whole.

I think these questions are appropriate:

1 - Should the Panel Chair be elected by the newly
seated Panel?
Y / N

No. The convention used in this organization to date is that of the highest vote-getter, I see no reason to change things until we have an established charter. Seems the membership has spoken pretty clearly.

2 - Should the Panel Chair be automatically conferred on
Joop, the one with the most votes, if he will have it, else to the next highest voted Panel member and on down the line until someone accepts?
Y / N

Yes. Even though I have disagreed with Joop often enough, I think we ought to go with the popular will of the membership and settle the Chairmanship on him should he be inclined to accept it.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos