From: Walter Schmidt [mailto:walts@dorsai.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 7:24 AM
To: Atlarge Discuss List
Cc: Walter Schmidt
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] The issue of non-voting panelists

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Richard Henderson wrote:

> I suggest that any panelist who fails to vote in three consecutive
votes
> (or in 75% of all votes) should face a vote of confidence from the
whole
> Membership.

   ...or, perhaps,  a vote of confidence from the Panel?

A local Chamber of Commerce felt so strongly about participation this is
in their By-Laws:

Section 9. Automatic Removal - Absence by a member of the Board from
three
(3) consecutive regular meetings of the Board and/or of the Chamber
without deemed valid excuse and so recorded by the Board, shall be
construed as a resignation from office.

Works for them - and yes, it has been "used."

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---