Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Gilbert Estillore Lumantao wrote:

I want to thank everyone listed at: http://atlarge.ca/membership.html for volunteering to be part of a provisional MC for the purposes of ensuring that the elected Panel is composed of verified, authentic individuals.

sotiris,

i appreciate your voluntarism but can you at least leave the verification of the impending panel members (assuming the results are confirmed by the watchdogs) to joey borda and the other volunteers?
I will work with anyone who is interested in working with me to resolve the issue(s), Joey and the others have already volunteered to help me.
i hate to point it out but there might be conflict of interest on your part in this, especially, with that "news" that you could be tied with mauro in 11th place.

How is this a conflict of interest? That has nothing to do with verification issues, that's an accounting problem... all the panelists still need to be verified and that's what I'm interested in.
as to other membership matters, i assume you'd be willing to work zealously on an interim basis, including recruitment of more members.

The verification issue is my hobby. Long before you (or Joe Borda) appeared among us, I was proposing solutions. If you have any to offer, please do. Otherwise, I thank you not to get in the way of people who are willing and able to get some real work done.

Amiably,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos